Effective date: December 15, 2021
Oxygen (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://getoxygen.com website, the Oxygen mobile application, and our branded social media sites and pages (collectively, the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:
1. Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City Photographs or images of your likeness
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Status as an Oxygen account holder
Depending upon the services you request, we may collect additional personal information such as:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Driver's license number
- Bank account and/or payment card information
- Employment information
- Biometric information
- Personal identification numbers
- Personal data of contacts stored in your device
- Communications, such as in-application chat messages
- Information concerning other Oxygen customers that you have communicated with or transacted with using the Service
2. Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
3. Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Face Filters in Friends
Face Filters can be used to send Augmented Reality (AR) messages to Oxygen contacts (within the Friends function). Using TrueDepth technology, Face Filters uses the face of the person looking at the camera and overlays animated filters to create dynamic messages which can be sent to the user’s Oxygen contacts. There are no other uses of Face Filters within the Oxygen application.
Although Face Filters data is encrypted, you should remember that Face Filters messages and data do leave your device when you send them to your contact(s). If you choose to use Face Filters in your messages, you have control as to whom your messages are sent. Face Filters data will be automatically deleted from your recipient(s) device after 24 hours, whether they have viewed it or not; Oxygen does not store the content of your Face Filters messages on its servers.
The TrueDepth camera only activates when you select Face Filters in the Friends function of the app. Otherwise, there is no Face Filter data being collected by the app while you are using any other function, or while you are using the Friends function to send text messages, file attachments, or to send money via P2P and OGifts. If you do not want to use the Face Filters, simply do not select it when you are within the Friends function.
Use of Data
Oxygen uses the collected data for various purposes:
To provide and maintain the Service
- Authenticate you so that you can access the Service and conduct account transactions
- Recognize you, your device or your browser when you use the Service so that we can facilitate navigation, display information more effectively, store your preferences and otherwise personalize your experience and enhance the use of the Sites
- Process your applications and transactions
- To notify you about changes to our ServiceTo allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Sharing of Personal Information
Your personal information may be shared with:
- Our affiliates to the extent permissible under applicable law
- Third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications on our behalf
- Our third party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, processing your transactions, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other services
- Other Oxygen users to permit them to search for and identify you as an Oxygen user, to view your user profile page, to send or receive funds to or from other Oxygen users, and to communicate with other Oxygen users.
- Other third parties when you provide written direction to Oxygen to engage in such sharing.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Oxygen
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To comply with your written directions to disclose your Personal
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?+hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
For California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request and subject to applicable exemptions, to request that we give you access, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances. Oxygen will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, such as by denying you services, charging you different prices for services, or providing you a different level or quality of services. Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action will be taken. As part of this process, we may require you to provide government identification. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We do, however, share personal information with third parties for business purposes and for Oxygen’s marketing purposes described in this Policy.
California law also permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your data protection rights, where applicable, you can submit a request using our online form (available here) or contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within a reasonable period of time (and within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests, for example if we need to keep the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Here is a summary of the CCPA-related categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you over the past 12 months as well as how we use it and with whom we may have shared it.
|Categories of Personal Information we collect:||How we use Personal Information:||Parties with whom your information may be shared:|
By email: email@example.com
By phone number: (866) 287-7021